On the Burke-Gilman Trail, I have to coax myself to actually jog rather than briskly walk because there's a certain level of chest puffing comparison that makes me feel completely inadequate and self conscious.
My mind races with thoughts like:
What if I have to stop jogging while I'm passing another jogger?
What if I look really stupid jogging? In fact, I'm fairly sure I look really stupid when I'm jogging.
Why do people wear work out clothes just to walk their dog?
All these people have crazy amounts of jogging gear and I'm wearing cheap Fred Meyer shoes and a T-Shirt.
Which brings me to my shoes. I think I'll need better jogging shoes soon. My toes are rubbing up against the sides of my shoes.
If nothing else, I end my jogging feeling really good and energized. I just have to remember this feeling to get started.
Today, Jeff and I hiked around Mount Saint Helens in leu of jogging. I've never been down there before and found myself in awe. Seeing cross sections of the huge amounts of ash is jarring and amazing at the same time. I could stare at Mount Saint Helens for hours studying her grooviness. I dislike having to come back to freeways and cellphones whenever I leave the peacefulness of the national parks.
3 comments:
Color me impressed! You rock on with your bad self, Lady! Also, your pictures are gorgeous!
Oh! Oh! Brooks and Saucony make amazing running shoes. Dan wanted me to tell you that.
It'll be a bit before I can afford new jogging shoes. I suppose I should get some that are breathable but also waterproof-ish. Blerg. Tell Dan I said thanks for the recommendations.
Post a Comment