Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Rappin' about Seattle

By choice, and probably partially by necessity, I'm gonna get through this winter with songs about Seattle. So today, I bring you several songs by Seattle Hip Hop artists, rapping about Seattle. There's a Portland and Seattle rivalry that's been going on since way before I moved here. Generally, Portland has a lot more to offer than Seattle but I'm gonna say with absolute certainty and love, Seattle has the best hip hop, here's my proof.

Cancer Rising - "Evryday Bidness"


Macklemore - "The Town"


Blue Scholars - "Joe Metro"


Jake One Featuring; Vitamin D, Note, Maneak B, and Ish - "Home"


Sir Mix Alot - "Posse On Broadway"


And finally today we have snow in Seattle, and even though it's 2 pm, I haven't had my morning coffee. So today is coffee and snow party deux. Also, I'm hungry for some arroz caldo.